4/09/2005

Danger Mouse and Cee-Lo Team Up as "Gnarls Barkley"

I don't get the Gnarls Barkley reference. But I was a rather vocal supporter of the Round Mound on the grammar school court, so I frankly just don't see the humor.

Not much I want to complain about on either the copy or the project, which I'm looking forward to. But anyway, Danger Mouse, the dude behind that recent "watershed moment in music history," paired with "the flamboyant, one-of-a-kind force of nature Cee-Lo," are looking to release this thing in late summer of this year.

"The album is currently in the hands of Monopoly Atlanta and Waxploitation Music Corp, with the artists in talks with major label distributors," the PR goes on. "This is the kind of distinctive, ahead of the curve album that kids are begging for," say Waxploitation's Jeff Antebi. There you are, kids. Don't get cut on that edge.

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

At the risk of making our promocopy-bot look like Herbert Stempel, Gnarles Barkley, is probably a reference to Basketball legend Charles Barkley. Thus re-enforcing the notion that:

"...there's a type of "standard rapper" that people who mostly listen to indie rock "tend to dig..."

But still, if Shaq, (Or Kobe) ever make another CD, I bet there would be some hilarious stuff in that press packet.

9:56 AM  
Anonymous schlarb said...

I second the Charles Barkley comment. that's what I could have guessed.

12:04 PM  
Blogger [promocopy Robot] said...

And my nod to the "Round Mound [of Rebound]" in this
post would speak not only to my dumpy and unremarkable
capacity for reference, but also to the caroms of
bricked wisdom I pick up off the Anonymous glass
around here.

1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I AM NOT A ROLE MODEL.
WHAT THE HELL YOU TALKIN BOUT WILLIS.

3:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blogs are as blogs do. I like this one.

11:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's been almost a month, and the withdrawal symptoms are starting to set in. Perhaps you could, like, post, er whatever?

8:32 AM  
Anonymous jaa / wax said...

going to try and drop some vinyl soon

jaa / wax

10:59 PM  
Blogger Askinstoo said...

Nice Blog!!!   I thought I'd tell you about a site that will let give you places where
you can make extra cash! I made over $800 last month. Not bad for not doing much. Just put in your
zip code and up will pop up a list of places that are available. I live in a small area and found quite
a few. MAKE MONEY NOW

12:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still Struggling To Get Your Affiliate Checks?

Don't Be A Loser - Click Here:

scavenger hunt list

10:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

anyone know where I can get a cpy of the album/single? Girlfriend driving me mad for it..

5:25 AM  
Anonymous Buy Levitra said...

Great article! Thanks.

5:39 PM  
Anonymous Phentermine said...

Thanks for interesting article.

11:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonimous said...

Nice! Nice site! Good resources here. I will bookmark!

5:14 PM  
Anonymous Maxwells said...

I see first time your site guys. I like you :)

3:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonimous said...

Excellent website. Good work. Very useful. I will bookmark!

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home