2/25/2005

next thursday: interpol to sign breast live in nyc (omg)

Lucy Hurst over at Matador (aka Beggars) unwittingly informs me that Interpol will be signing shit on March 3rd at Tower on 4th and B'way from 7-8pm. That's right, one hour. Don't ever say they don't do it for the kids.

As is noted in the right column over there, Matador ignores me, and that's not rhetorical. But some (I'm guessing) mischievous soul whose writing I just happen to respect a lot (note my Pavlovian response to the following suggestion) sent me an Interpol press release earlier today with the (again, I'm guessing mischievous) proposal that I "blow up this spot now." Which is funny because there are probably eight dozen Interpol fansites with more readers than this blog, and my ability to blow anything up (aside from my ego that time Hopper gave me the nod) is questionable.

And, it's been on the website for a minute.

Journalistic integrity and all that--I can't really say whether or not this press release sent to me by a third party is valid. Just wanted to get that out there. Although it looks pretty accurate, given my nagging willingness to believe promotional copy about music is only contextually about music.

According to the press release, "Interpol signings are usually [stupid] events." (I think that's what she was trying to say. Quoter's license. Like I said, I can't vouch for the authenticity of this thing.)

"Their fans can be somewhat obsessive," Hurst goes on. "Other similar events have witnessed lines around the block, screaming fans, crying girls, girls with 'marry me carlos' sprawled on their chests, fans chasing the band's car, and even the occasional breast signing. Should be a crazy day!" Indeed!

Now, I have never been near an Interpol live situation, so I have no idea, but I dare somebody to verify that it's only girls crying at these things. I'm skeptical. It's kind of hard for me to believe that dudes who look like Interpol are not attracting a significant male audience. I mean, if I'm a guy and I'm going to be attracted to another guy, he might look a little something like Carlos D. But that's just me. And I just don't buy the "screaming fans, crying girls" couplet; the gender qualification feels forced and plainly unbelievable.

"For more info [on the sexual identification of Interpol's audience] contact Lucy at Matador/Beggars"

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Got this email, thought you might want to check out that someone managed to use every hackneyed press release cliche in one paragraph: PS PLEEZE UPDATE YR SITE, totes dying over here.


**  BENZOS: This popular New York City-based five-piece create a unique, genre-bending musical soundscape, blending the ambience and rhythm of early underground dance and experimental electronic music with lush rock-based guitars and soaring vocals. Benzos’ music is at at once cerebral and emotional – and highly danceable, too. Benzos’ debut album “MORNING STANZAS” is set for release in the States on May 10th. The band already have received critical praise and commercial radio play in the States, and are regularly cited in the press as one of the bands to watch for 2005. 



“Side effects may include...Elation. Chills. Dancing. Welcome to the rocktronica world of Benzos.” -- Boston Metro

For more info regarding Benzos, check out: http://www.stinkyrecords.com/stinky_artists/benzos.html>http://www.stinkyrecords.com/stinky_artists/benzos.html

7:03 PM  
Blogger unrepentant resources said...

Looking for day green holiday meaning info tonight I came across this day green holiday meaning post. I was impressed. I love day green holiday meaning and am glad I found this post. Keep it up!!

Paul

6:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog is excellent - keep it up! Don't miss visiting this site about card game

4:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Posts, Keep on Blogging.
Be sure to visit

Advanced Business Marketing

Free Marketing Secrets.

5:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I really like this one. I have a website that talks mostly about directory income opportunity You should check it out sometime.

7:57 PM  
Blogger Admin said...

Great Video Game blog, thanks for letting me post a message. Great Job with your blog.

Thanks
college game video

5:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting site you have oncaravan chalet sale uk. Can I interest your readers in my site oncaravan chalet sale uk

11:57 PM  
Blogger Music Downloads Center said...

Interesting topics and nice blog. Will check back regularly. I have a music site & blog that deal with music related topics. Drop by if you have a chance.

4:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get your website seen use our link generator software tools to get the word out and take the work out of promotion. Resale rights available. Starting at only $6.99 get 1000's of links to your website http://www.BLGen.net

7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home