2/09/2005

exit music

Howard Wuelfing writes: "From his groundbreaking transcriptions...to his unforgettably sublime interpretations of classic and new repertoire, pianist Christopher O'Riley has redefined the possibilities of classical music"...by doing Radiohead covers.

It seems kind of late in the game to be listening to classical music for any other reason than the fact that pop music is dumb. Or are the kids hep to this stuff? "This ain't yr grandfather's classical music"? Kudos to Wuelfing for attempting to sell this oddity (or otherworldly treasure of sonic elegance, whatever) to a pop audience, although I have to wonder what this press release looks like to someone who reviews classical music. All of that said, this stuff (if a bit gimmicky) is actually pretty good. But, of course, I'm a geek.

And anyway, wasn't that gag pretty much driven into the ground by the end of that string of marginally successful alternative rock albums Wendy Carlos recorded throughout the '90s?

I obviously have neither a sense of humor nor any clue what I'm talking about.

7 Comments:

Anonymous hastang said...

i love radiohead :).. you've got good taste in music..

7:33 PM  
Anonymous free mp3 downloads said...

Hi [promocopy Robot], very unique blog you have! I was looking for free mp3 downloads related information and came across your site. Very good info, I'm definitely going to bookmark you! I have a free mp3 downloads site where you can get music of some of today's top artists' such as Green Day, Gwen Stefani, Simple Plan, Usher and many more. Please visit it.

3:56 AM  
Anonymous download music for free online said...

I enjoyed reading some of your posts [promocopy Robot]. I was looking for #KEYWORD## related information and found your blog. I have a free music downloads site where you can get music of some of today's top artists' such as Green Day, Gwen Stefani, Simple Plan, Usher and many more. Come and check it out if you get time :-)

11:30 AM  
Anonymous download music for free online said...

I enjoyed reading some of your posts Blogger. I was looking for #KEYWORD## related information and found your blog. I have a jazz music site where you can get music of some of today's top artists' such as Green Day, Gwen Stefani, Simple Plan, Usher and many more. Come and check it out if you get time :-)

10:49 AM  
Anonymous download music for free online said...

Hi [promocopy Robot]. I was looking for rock music related information and came across your blog. Very good reading! I have a rock music site where you can get music of some of today's top artists' such as Green Day, Gwen Stefani, Simple Plan, Usher and many more. Check it out when you can :)

11:41 AM  
Anonymous pop music said...

I enjoyed reading some of your posts [promocopy Robot]. I was looking for #KEYWORD## related information and found your blog. I have a country music site where you can get music of some of today's top artists' such as Green Day, Gwen Stefani, Simple Plan, Usher and many more. Come and check it out if you get time :-)

4:34 AM  
Anonymous 50 cent music said...

I enjoyed reading some of your posts [promocopy Robot]. I was looking for download music for free online related information and found your exit music. I have a download music for free online site where you can get music of some of today's top artists' such as Green Day, Gwen Stefani, Simple Plan, Usher and many more. If you have a similar site and would like to exchange links, please contact me through my website. Come and check it out if you get time :-)

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home