1/05/2005

when it rains, it pours bloody mother fucking assholes

While I've been bombarded by [deleted] at [deleted] of late, this one comes from [deleted], and I really don't have anything to say about the press release in front of me beside the fact that I childishly found the title of Martha Wainwright's forthcoming record Bloody Mother Fucking Asshole thrilling. But it's not just funny--it's not funny at all, is it? whatever--but it says a lot about why I listen to independent music instead of what's produced by labels afraid to release items with titles like this.

There, I said it: I'm not really into good music--I'm just into raunchy expression.

Just kidding. But I really have no clue who Martha Wainwright is, although this note tells me that she's Rufus Wainwright's sister (which, of course, also means she's the daughter of Loudon Wainwright III and Kate McGarrigle) and that Heidi Anne-Noel finds her "both a wittily subversive composer and compelling, dynamic performer."

Anyway, this five-song EP is due January 25 in the US (she has a full-length scheduled for April) and Wainwright will be performing in New York City on January 17 at the Mercury Lounge.

1 Comments:

Blogger ganda said...

yo, i used to work in your field, and them girlie action pr peeps are for serious, yo. bombard is the right term for them.

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home