1/04/2005

what is it?

And you thought xmas was over. Come March you're looking at the first installment of the X-Ecutioners/Mike Patton project General Patton vs. The X-Ecutioners. I hear that Mike Patton is great, worked with John Zorn and the Automator and all that, but all I ever see in my mind is that Faith No More video with the fish flopping around. I'd like to say that it was the animal cruelty that turned me off to the guy, but I think it had a little more to do with the accompanying music.

I guess anything new by the X-Men, on the other hand, is something to look out for. This one reeks of cross-genre opportunism, but we'll see how it goes. The 23-track LP is due on January 24 in Europe and sometime in March over here. Look for it on Patton's own Ipecac Recordings, with [deleted] playing it cool and understated on the PR: "Inspiring awe, style, terror, and soul, it attacks with the kind of originality and freshness only the finest in revolutionary minds could dream up."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home