1/19/2005

unpaid programming



Petra Haden, who you may recall is currently preparing for the Feb. 22 release of her Who Sell Out vocal album, has fetched economical praise for the project from Who guy Pete Townshend, himself: "I love it. It is exquisite."

Howard Wuelfing describes Petra Haden Sings: The Who Sell Out (there's a tiny photo at right from those tight bastards at Bar None) as "a tour de force," a statement that I don't really have anything to say about other than the fact that I kind of doubt its accuracy. But then again, what do I know.

Haden is also apparently singing backup vocals on that new Beck album that was leaked--you know, the one at that link that no longer works.

More interesting still, she's featured on the forthcoming Decemberists record, Picaresque, offering vocals and strings, and she'll be touring with the band in March/April. Wuelfing further notes that Haden has "not join[ed] as a permanent member," in case anyone was wondering.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wuelfing needs a good web maestro. And I wonder if there's a more flattering picture of THE LIVING JARBOE available.

11:38 AM  
Blogger Yasir said...

If you need access to Picaesque or the new Beck album I'm sure I can dig up a yousendit link somewhere...

11:50 AM  
Blogger Yasir said...

Also Picaresque...

11:51 AM  
Blogger Tim said...

There's more info (including a larger photo and the Mike Watt suggestion to record it) here.

11:57 AM  
Blogger [promocopy Robot] said...

Yeah! That picture is so rad. I'm really afraid that this album is going to be complete crap (although I'm looking forward to the adverts, which she's also doing), but I like the conceptual angle.

4:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Superb blog! Do you have any hints for aspiring writers?
I'm planning to start my own website soon but I'm a little lost on
everything. Would you advise starting with a free platform like Wordpress or
go for a paid option? There are so many options out
there that I'm totally confused .. Any ideas? Kudos!

my web blog - visit the next web page

7:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home