1/26/2005

more information


Out Hud's new album Let Us Never Speak of It Again! is ready to go, due for release on March 21. You can hear annoyingly truncated pieces of several of the album's tracks at the band's website.

You'll also find a portion of the first single, "One Life To Leave" (out Feb. 7) on the site. It's described by the band's label as "two exclusive tracks and an indication of the awesomeness of the album to follow." I'm not going to argue with that kind of Cali-talk. And anyway, I'm not here to tell you how good or bad this album is.

This band can probably do without promo copy (and the offerings are quite slim), as critics were falling over themselves to file Street Dad's highest bid. While I never thought Street Dad was the godsend it was hailed to be--sort of spotty to my ears--I think Out Hud is amazing live and I was intrigued to see what would happen as this band developed in the studio (although many of these tracks date from early 2003).

The oft-cited post-Street Dad vocals from Phyllis Forbes and Molly Schnick work very well, helping to flesh out some of the undercooked pastiche passing as songs on the first album. Some of these tunes also sound conspicuously club friendly without loosing any of the weirdness. I don't hear anything that reaches the heights of "Dad, There's a Little Phrase...," but that's just me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home