12/11/2004

(!) LCD Soundsystem arrives at my door

Just got the LCD Soundsystem LP in the mail today, and I'm in a bit of a subjective state (ie, this shit is Fucking Rad!), so I suspect I should post thoughts in a week or so. I had yet to hear "Daft Punk Is Playing at My House," which is particularly inspired (and is track 1) so this is pretty exciting stuff.

A note on the packaging, though, which is a really nice cardboard sleeve with two disc inserts in inner sleeves, the latter of which appears to be all reused stuff that has appeared on records and later on the DFA comps (the exception being "Tired"?? I can't remember). EMI buying DFA, or licensing releases or whatever, wasn't as big an issue as I thought it might be, which says a lot about the state of independent music today. Although DFA has always been in awe of having huge amounts of money to make music, so I guess we'll just see what happens and I won't worry about it.

James Murphy is, vocally, really going into Mark E. Smith territory. Some straight rock songs on this record. I think it's time to assess Six Finger Satellite.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home